Terms & Conditions
General terms and conditions
This site is owned and operated by Langlands Nurseries Ltd ('Langlands Nurseries Ltd', 'we' or 'us'). Registered office: York Road, Shiptonthorpe, York, North Yorkshire, YO43 3PN; Company Registration number 5159947 (England and Wales). If you want to ask us anything about these terms and conditions or have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please contact us on 01430 873426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ownership of rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Langlands Nurseries Ltd. You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without the permission of Langlands Nurseries Ltd.
Accuracy of content
Langlands Nurseries Ltd has taken every care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that prices quoted are correct at time of publishing and all products have been fairly described. However, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. All prices are displayed inclusive of VAT. Packaging may vary from that shown. The weights, dimensions and capacities given are approximate only. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Langlands Nurseries Ltd disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. Langlands Nurseries Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website.
The views expressed in user generated content are the opinions of those users and are not necessarily those of Langlands Nurseries Ltd.
Langlands Nurseries Ltd cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites that may be referenced by or linked with that of Langlands Nurseries Ltd.
Damage to Your Computer System
Langlands Nurseries Ltd makes every effort to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it won't cause damage to your computer system. It is your responsibility to ensure that your computer system is protected from viruses or other malicious code. Langlands Nurseries Ltd shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer systems as a result of using this website.
All items are subject to availability. We will inform you by email as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available.
If, after placing your order you discover an error, please call us immediately on 01430 873426 between 9am-5pm outside of these hours email at email@example.com.
Delivery charges vary depending on the service you select. For full details of our delivery charges please refer to our Delivery Terms section. In the UK, delivery charge refunds can only be made in accordance with your legal rights under the Distance Selling Regulations and other legislation. Similar rights may apply for some international deliveries.
Purchase of Products
- Creating the Contract:
- You place an order on the website by selecting an item and following the instructions.
- You will have an opportunity to change your order up until you click the 'Confirm payment' button.
- After you have submitted your order you will receive an order acknowledgement email from us. Please note that this email is an acknowledgement and not acceptance of your order. Please check your Spam or Junk Mail folder if you have not received your acknowledgement email within 45 minutes of placing your order.
- If you are paying by credit card, we will authorise your debit or credit card payment.
- Once payment has been authorised, and we have determined the availability of stock, we will arrange for the delivery of the goods to you. Acceptance of your order and the creation of a legally binding contract between us will only occur when we send you a second email which contains the details of how your goods will be delivered to you.
- We reserve the right to decline all or part of any order for any reason whatsoever and should this occur we will email you with the details.
- It is recommended that you retain all e-mails relating to your order and contract.
- The details of your specific contract are held on file by us. Should you require any information regarding your order, please feel free to contact us.
- If you have chosen to pay by card, once your order is received we will process the payment for your order through the credit or debit card details you have provided. In the event of there not being sufficient stock to satisfy your order you will be informed as soon as possible. A refund will be processed through the credit or debit card used for the payment of the order.
- We do not operate a 'cash on delivery' system.
- We will advise you if your payment details cannot be authorised for any reason and we may then invite you to pay by another method.
- All prices and charges on this website are quoted in UK pounds sterling. The price you pay for your order is that price which is displayed on the website. Prices include VAT at the prevailing rate unless otherwise stated, but exclude delivery charges. Delivery charges are based on the delivery option you should choose (see delivery terms). If we discover an error in the price of the goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of either reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling the order. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
- Security & Clearing:
- All credit and debit card payments that are made on our website are protected by a secure connection. This secure connection ensures that your credit or debit card is encrypted prior to being transferred to the bank for authorisation.
- As an additional security measure, no credit or debit card details submitted online are stored directly by us once your order has been processed.
- It is the responsibility of retailers to ensure that they do not sell age restricted products (e.g. alcohol, bladed items), to people under the legal age of purchase. As such, you may be required to confirm that you are over 18. Products subject to this requirement are identified clearly on the online store in several key places, notably in your basket and at the checkout. When ordering such items, a valid adult signature will be required upon delivery to ensure compliance with the law. We may also carry out additional age verification checks, dependent on the situation. If the courier is unable to obtain a valid age verification (driving license, passport, etc) upon delivery the item will be returned to us and any payment made, minus delivery charges, will be refunded to the account used to make the purchase. For more information on the Law in England and Wales regarding sales of prohibited items, please visit https://www.gov.uk.
- Damaged or Defective Goods:
- Every effort will be made to ensure that the goods you have ordered arrive undamaged and without defect. If the goods are found to be either damaged or defective in any way at the time of delivery, you must immediately contact us on 01430 873426. If damage is discovered after delivery, you must contact us within 24 hours of delivery.
- If the goods are damaged, and we are unable to repair the item to reasonably satisfactory manufacturing standards, we will send a replacement item upon confirmation of the damaged item's return.
- If the goods are found to be defective we will refund the full amount paid by you for the goods in question (including the delivery charges) as soon as possible, using the same form of payment originally used for the purchase.
- Cancellation Right:
- Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, UK consumers have the legal right to cancel their order within seven working days of receipt of their goods (with the exception of flower and plant gifts, and any other items as permitted under local law where applicable). Where goods are delivered to a third party you will only be able to exercise this right if you are able to return to us the goods you ordered.
- If, after having placed your stock order, you change your mind for whatever reason, you may cancel your order at any time prior to delivery. All you need to do is advise us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once we acknowledge receipt of your cancellation, you will receive a full refund using the same method as your original payment.
- Cancellation By Us:
We reserve the right not to accept any order request if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- We do not deliver to your area;
- One or more of the goods ordered was incorrectly described or priced on the website;
- The payment transaction is not authorised.
- Links to Other Websites:
- We may have links on this website to other websites we think you may wish to visit. We do not vet these websites and have no control over their contents. Langlands Nurseries Ltd cannot accept any liability in respect of the use of these websites.
- Exclusions of Liability:
- Any disclaimers and exclusions of liability in these terms and conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Langlands Nurseries Ltd or any of its employees or agents or fraud. These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law. If any provision of these disclaimers and exclusions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Other Legal Notices:
- There may be legal notices on other areas of this website which relate to your use of this website, all of which will, together with these terms and conditions, govern your use of this website.
- Changes to Legal Notices:
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you are invited to check them as often as possible.
- Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are displayed solely for the purposes of promoting Langlands Nurseries Ltd products and services available in the UK.
- At Christmas and early spring, we will be busy. Should you not require delivery until after these busy time periods, please inform our sales staff. We will be happy to delay your delivery until later to maximise our delivery service.
- Will it fit? Please remember to make a note of your ordered item's dimensions and check that it will fit into your house, chosen room or garden location. Remember access as well. If the driver cannot gain reasonable access to the property or there is nobody present to sign for the goods, additional charges may be incurred for re-delivery.
- All card transactions will be processed when your order is complete and must be fully processed before goods are dispatched
- All ordered item orders are delivered within the postal codes listed on the 'Delivery Terms' page by either our own employees or a carefully selected courier service. Please see our Delivery Terms section for an up to date list of delivery options and prices.
- On Delivery:
- Before our delivery team arrives, please ensure that there is sufficient access to the property, failure to keep access ways clear making delivery impossible will result in delivery being rearranged for a future date (further delivery charges may apply).
- Occasionally, the delivery of your ordered item may be delayed or postponed. We will, or course, make every effort to keep you informed and discuss revised delivery timescales.
- Aftercare Service:
- Our products are manufactured to the highest standards. Look after them according to the care instructions and it will give you good service. Should you have any issues please contact us on 01430 873426 (in all cases you will be dealt with in accordance with your legal rights).
- Stock Levels:
- As far as reasonably possible, all products featured to buy on the website are either in stock and available at the time of ordering.
- If any item is out of stock we will notify you and proceed in terms of a refund either by refund to the credit card on which you made the payment.
- We may offer alternative products if your chosen item is not available.
- Unforeseen Circumstances:
- While every effort is made to meet our customer's demands, cancellations or variations may be necessary as a result of an Act of God, war, strike, lockout, labour dispute, fire, flood, drought, or other causes beyond our reasonable control.
- Complaints and remarks:
- If you have a complaint or a particular remark to make please do not hesitate to contact us immediately by telephone or email, the details for which are contained on the Contact Us page.
- Any complaint will be dealt with fairly, effectively and confidentially. Your statutory rights as a consumer are unaffected.
- Contractual Capacity:
- In order to be eligible to enter into a contract with us to purchase goods through mthe website you must:
- Provide the required information including your real name and payment details including your card address; provide your delivery address if different from your card address; provide your email address and telephone number; be 18 or over.
- In order to be eligible to enter into a contract with us to purchase goods through mthe website you must:
- If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and you hereby agree to be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
- Data Protection and Privacy:
- Entire Agreement:
- Nothing said by any salesperson on our behalf should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation of the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by us. Save for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, we shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
- Intellectual property rights:
- The content of this website is subject to copyright - © Langlands Nurseries Ltd 2015s (or its third-party licensors). You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the website shall remain at all times vested in us (or our licensors). You may not copy, reproduce, change, modify, license, transmit or sell any material or content contained herein and you are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us (or our licensors).
- Langlands Nurseries Ltd is providing this website on an 'As is' basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to this website or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, Langlands Nurseries Ltd makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information on this website. The information contained in this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Langlands Nurseries Ltd how so ever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Notwithstanding the above, none of these exclusions and limitations is intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of employees and/or agents.
- Pricing Policy:
- It is the company's policy to comply with the Code of Practice for traders on price indications issued by the DTI Consumer and Competition Policy Directorate.
- Sale reductions in this store compare with prices that have been, or will be offered, on each item in our store for at least 28 consecutive days.
- Contact us:
- Please refer to the Contact Us page.
- Closure Dates
We are closed on the following dates:
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- New Year's Day
- Easter Sunday
- Pricing And Descriptions:
- We have taken care to describe and show products as accurately as possible. Despite this, products may vary from their descriptions. If there is anything that you do not understand, or if you wish to obtain further information, please contact customer services by emailing email@example.com
- If there is a difference between the price for a product in the Langlands store(s) and the Langlands website, you will be charged the price on the Langlands website. The price offered in respect of a product on the Langlands website may differ from the price offered at the same time in Langlands stores. We are under no obligation to honour any in-store price or promotion in the event that it differs from those on the Langlands website.
- If, by mistake, we have under-priced a product, we will not be liable to supply that product to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the product to you. In those circumstances, we reserve the right to cancel your order. In the event we cancel your order, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that product in accordance with our return and refund policy.
- The price of a product does not include the delivery charge, which will depend on the delivery method you choose and will be added during checkout.